Patti Endo was born 1997 in Tokyo, Japan, and studied fine art painting and critical thinking at the University of Brighton, UK.
Deriving influences from both her African and Japanese parentage, Patti Endo’s curiosity is drawn to the mysteries of the human body.
As a conscious act, whether working with a model, from imagination or self-portraiture, Endo documents her inner and outer self, spontaneously seeking and charting her path in the world, memorialising both the painful and triumphant facets of her existence.
Endo’s drawings are mostly made on small sheets of paper. They are intimate, shameless, exploratory and sensual, allowing the viewer to look inside themselves.
Endo has participated in several group exhibitions in Nairobi, Dubai, the Netherlands and Geneva, as well as solo exhibitions in Japan.
She lives and works in Nairobi, Kenya.
- 16/16 Design Hotel, “Life lines”, group exhibition, Lagos, Nigeria, 2023
- Alliance Francaise, “Her Story”, group exhibition, Nairobi, 2023
- Soho House, group exhibition, London, 2022
- Tribal Gallery, “Beyond Self”, Nairobi, 2022
- Kevenaar Art, “Now This”, group exhibition, Haarlem, Netherlands, 2022
- Kenya National Museum, 2022
- The Art Space, “Cube 254” at The Capital Club East Africa, group exhibition, Nairobi 2021
- AKKA Project Gallery, “Deus Ex Femina”, group exhibition, Dubai, UAE 2021
- Callabar Gallery, “East African Women Artist Auction”, group exhibition, New York 2021
- AKKA Project Gallery “Art An Essential Need”, group exhibition, Dubai 2020
- Saba Studios “Due”, group exhibition, Lamu, 2019
- The Attic Gallery, “Spacial Endeavours”, group exhibition, Nairobi, 2019
- Alserkal Avenue, Dubai, “Africa And The Other 54 Countries”, group exhibition, Dubai, 2018 -2019
- Chiba University, Japan, “Emerging Artist From Kenya”, solo exhibition, Japan, 2018
- One Off Gallery “Line- The Basic Element”, group exhibition, Nairobi, 2018
- The Gallery,“Patti Endo Drawings” Japan, in Mishima Shizuoka, first solo exhibition, Japan, 2018
- Tokyo Art Fair, Japan, 2018
- World Art Dubai, 2018
- AKKA Project Gallery “Qouz Arts Fest”, Dubai, 2018
- Circle Art Gallery, “Rafia’s Appeal”, silent auction, Nairobi, 2017
- AKKA Project Gallery “WASHA”, group exhibition Dubai, 2017